Careers Social Media Marketing Specialist
Social Media Marketing Specialist
We are a digital agency with headquarters in Markham. As a hybrid agency focusing on a full spectrum of offerings, we offer digital marketing strategy and direction, with an ability to execute digital marketing, web design, and development. We understand that a business is more than a bottom line. Through extensive experience and thorough research, we create strategies for our clients before laying down a single pixel. We’re here to change the trajectory of businesses. Our mission is to empower business owners to create an on-brand digital experience that reflects their conversion goals.
We are looking for a bright and passionate individual to join the team as a Social Media Specialist/Manager. This individual will play a key role in the Marketing Team by implementing online marketing strategies through social media accounts. The ideal candidate will have an uncanny sense for identifying social trends to create content and grow our social media presence. This is an excellent opportunity for detail-oriented candidates to begin the journey of building their marketing superpowers.
The Social Media Specialist/Manager will be in a position where they can drive recommendations that make a real impact within a company as they will have direct interaction with the business owners in addition to their supervisor. In addition, they will participate in weekly meetings (e.g. marketing, operations) and have the ability to contribute their ideas to business challenges that arise.
Please note: Due to current covid-19 workplace restrictions this role is expected to be fully remote until further notice
This role reports to the Digital Marketing Manager
- Conducting market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors.
- Reviewing our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Creating well-written copy that is free from mistakes with the ability to shift voice and tone to speak to different target audiences.
- Collaborating with Creative Designers to improve the appearance layout of outputs.
- Conduct market research & competitive analysis to keep our strategy and tactics fresh and effective
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, graphic and photo content.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Content creation and content curation are specifically written and customized for several social media platforms.
- Managing communities of our corporate social media accounts, as well as those of our client base.
- Distributing content through the use of automation software.
- Report on the overall success of campaigns across all platforms and gather data daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Project management – accountable for timeline delivery of all client deliverables (ensure team members are meeting deadlines)
- Results & metrics – accountable for the results of your optimization efforts. You are expected to report on progress and to provide context on what is being executed.
- Internal education – accountable to effectively educate internal partners & stakeholders on new developments in digital marketing with an emphasis on social media marketing
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing Management, Advertising, Communications, or similar.
- 2-3 years work experience as a Social Media Specialist/Manager
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing Course Certifications
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique social media marketing campaigns.
- Prior community management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent automation and performance evaluation software.
- An eye for brand consistency, voice and a keen awareness of the latest trends and memes.
- Excellent project management skills are specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- The ability to manage up
- Adaptable/comfortable with change
- Team player – knows when & how to collaborate
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
As a part of the team at NVISION you’ll be exposed to marketing programs as they relate to various industries. You’ll see first hand how we conceptualize, propose, and execute social media marketing initiatives and web design projects.
Cultural fit is very important and we’ll be looking for someone who is hungry to learn and to contribute. You’ll be given as much responsibility as you seek and the learning curve may be steep but rewarding. We provide an environment where you’ll learn new skills and we value work-life balance. Everyone at NVISION embodies our core values:
- We are all Creatives
- Build Trust with Transparency
- Have the Courage to Do More
- Get Better at Getting Better
- Have a problem? Find a solution.
- Everyone is NVISION
- Invest in Us and We’ll Invest in You
WHY OUR TEAM LOVES WORKING HERE
- We have a dog-friendly office with lots of furry visitors
- We always encourage a highly collaborative environment where the best solution can come from anywhere or anyone
- We hate micromanaging. We want to see our colleagues succeed and empower them to grow and do more.
- We celebrate our wins on a regular basis! This includes monthly team get-togethers and lunch-and-learns.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation time.
- We firmly believe that we’re all human at the end of the day and deserve to live a life outside of work. That’s why a healthy work-life balance is so important to us and we make sure to keep it that way.
Send in your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!We thank all applicants for their submissions.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.